The Observership program is an informal shadowing experience that enables participants to watch procedures and surgeries; attend patient rounds and teaching conferences. Medical Council of India regulations prevent observers from having patient care responsibilities or involvement in any form of volunteer research.
Who is eligible?
- Fully trained physicians and specialists currently practicing in India or abroad.
- International residents and fellows currently enrolled in a residency/fellowship program at a foreign institution and who are expected to graduate from that same institution
- International medical students currently enrolled at an international medical college and who are expected to graduate from that same college
How to apply?
- Observership applications/ request can be made for one or more specialities subject to the consent of the Head of the Department of respective specialities that you have applied for. It is ideal to mention/ select the one specialty that reflects your area of expertise or that you are most interested in.
- You may write to firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest and an application will be sent to you.
- Complete the application form and submit all required documents.
- Intensive Care Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Urology and Nephrology
- Neurology/ Neurosurgery
- Cardiothoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Obstretics & Gynaecology
- Plastic Surgery